Balls arrived at our condo at 7:53 to say goodbye before heading out. They had two long days of driving ahead of them and wanted to get an early start.
Misha had had a rough night with a painful ear around midnight. Chris and I both got up with her. So when morning came around, we were ready to pack things up and head home. Besides there were so many fun adventures ahead of us--laundry, cleaning, a to do list. Why hang around Estes Park when you have that to look forward to?
Beyond the cleaning, I started to pack up Christmas. I left the bare tree up and the lighted garland on the stairs for one more day. I love waking up in the morning to the soft glow of twinkle lights. The rest of the decorations were stacked on the dining room table until the 31st.
Misha was too sick to go to the New Year's Eve youth dance, but Amy went with friends and had a great time skating for awhile and then dancing, followed up with a late-night snack at McDonald's with friends. I am glad that she had a great time. Misha is slowly getting better. I wish I knew a remedy for unplugging ears though.