Thursday, December 31, 2015

New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve was another busy day.

We started our day early by driving to the Stake Center to help with our church's food bank and distribution. This is the third or fourth time that we have been able to participate, and it is always an uplifting experience.  We invited our friends the Bells to join us. They are non-members, but their daughter Sierra would truly love to join the church.

This was the stack of toilet paper that we helped to distribute to families in need.  Other items include toiletries, meats, fresh produce, breads, canned goods, etc.


Once we returned home, I got started on more cleaning projects.  I will say that Chris was able to get a lot of things done on his list.  I had the girls help me put away the Christmas decorations, rearrange furniture, and get our house back to its "normal" state.  As much as I love Christmas, I love the feeling of clean and airy too.

Amy went to a party and sleep-over at her friend Kenadi's house.  Kristen had a sleepover with two friends.  Misha who was still recovering, stayed home with them.  We got a text from her midway through our evening:  "Why did you buy those horns?'  The horns were a little loud.

Chris and I drove to Ft. Collins to watch a movie at the AMC Cinema Saver theatre.  We preceded the movie with a quick dinner at Garbanzo's and followed it with a late-night snack at the Chocolate Cafe.  Delicious, but now I am ready to get back to healthy eating.  It was the first time in months that Chris and I had actually been able to go on a date.

We were home after 10 pm, and though we tried to convince the younger girls that we could do an East Coast countdown, they were having none of it.  I think I dozed at 11:58 and was abruptly wakened at midnight by those stupid horns.  I shuffled those girls off to bed, tucked Misha in as she had also managed to stay awake as well.  We were all asleep in no time...and the horns?  Well, they met a timely death.