Misha started her online driver's education course in May and finished a week before her 15th birthday. Unfortunately we had to wait for the certificate of completion to arrive and it took over a week to get here.
Congratulations to Misha for working so diligently to finish the course. I took her to the DMV on Monday morning. We actually didn't have to wait long which was amazing, but I don't think I have ever been to the DMV when I haven't had to return to get paperwork. This time it was for Misha's social security card. I think sometimes they make up paperwork requirements because I know we did not have to have Amy's social security card when she went to take her driver's permit test. They were happy with Amy just telling them the number.
The dude that was helping us said it had to be the actual copy and showing them a copy of it from my online files would be considered a "fraudulent" use of the card. Puh-lease! So we returned home to get Misha's card and drove back to the DMV. Misha passed her test and then the real waiting began.
The DMV had eight counters to assist people and ONE counter for picture-taking. All eight counters funneled clients to the one counter for picture-taking. We waited well over an hour just to get a picture taken!
Success!

