Saturday, July 9, 2016

Happy Birthday My Misha

Time passes and I marvel that my girls grow from babies to five to fifteen, and it just seems to happen in the blink of an eye.

Misha came downstairs on Saturday morning at 7:50 am.  She has always been pretty consistent about marking the moment she was born.  The rest of the peeps in the house were still sleeping so she and I had a quiet breakfast celebration.  I succumbed and let her get donuts for her birthday breakfast.


And what was her favorite gift you ask?  A new-to-her cell phone.  When we were in Washington, DC, one of Chris' co-workers invited our family over for dinner.  Before we left, Jason asked Chris if he was still looking for a used phone.  He had one that had a cracked screen and simply gave it to us.  When we arrived home from our vacation, I took Misha in to Longmont to see if we could get a new screen for it.  We could, and we did.  A sim card is on its way in the mail and then she'll be set.


But the birthday happiness didn't stop there.  Misha declared this birthday the best birthday.  Could that be because Chris declared it a no weeding day (and that was made possible because I spent three hours weeding on Friday morning!), and we hung out at the beach all day playing on our new water toys?



Misha and I hanging on for dear life.  


Amy and Misha


Gotta love Misha's face!



We even brought down Chris' portable camp stove and roasted hotdogs for lunch.  It was fun and so much better than weeding!