Saturday, January 6, 2018

A New Chapter - Day Three

I woke up rather early on Saturday morning, thinking about my girl.  I am amazed that the past 18 years have gone by so quickly.  She is ready to fly, but that doesn't make it any easier on my heart.  It seemed appropriate as I lay thinking, that this line from I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go entered my mind:  So trusting my all to thy tender care.  I AM trusting my all to His tender care.  (Read here to see how this song spoke peace to my heart 18 years ago as a new mother to this Amy girl.)

It was another busy day.  Chris took the girls to pick up Amy and bring her back to the hotel to have breakfast with us.  From there, we dropped Amy off for more I-Connect activities.  (She was having a lot of fun with her group and for that we were grateful).

We went to Deseret Book, had lunch, checked out some of the buildings, and spent some time on campus waiting for Amy to be done.  When the Spirit of Ricks presentation was over, we met up with Amy and drove back to her place.  We had just under two hours before we had to say goodbye.

We tried to help Amy figure out another class to add and added items to her list of things to do on Monday morning.  She was contemplating changing her major from Business to Communications.  I just hoped she would find the right fit for her.

Before leaving, Chris gave Amy a father's blessing.  I know it started my tears flowing.  Misha and Kristen both sobbed as they hugged Amy goodbye.  Okay, so did Chris and I.  We were going to miss this Amy girl tremendously.  But she honestly couldn't be doing anything better at this time in her life, and we are so proud of her.






The happy sad family Kline.


We left for the airport.

Amy got busy and organized her room, sending me these pictures.





We didn't have many dinner options at the IF Airport, so we had to wait until after landing in Denver.


We stopped at Chili's for dinner.  As we walked in to the restaurant, the hostess asked, "Just the four of you?"  We avoided tears, but I think each of us ached a little. It might take a little getting used to life with a college student.

We were glad to hear that Amy was out having fun with her I-Connect group at the dance and activities as we climbed in to our beds.  Some of them in the group really seem to hit it off well.


Amy sent me this picture with the message, "I win!"