Saturday, January 27, 2018

Birthday Party Surprise

Chris pulled off a great surprise this time.  But I have come to realize that I am not really a fan of surprise birthday parties.

We had planned to go out for dinner on Saturday evening.  As the day progressed, Chris got involved in working on installing surround sound in the basement.  And he just kept on working, saying he would be done in 45 minutes, then 20 minutes.  I was becoming more annoyed with him as time passed.  We had planned to go to Hacienda Colorado and it was about 45 minutes away.  By the time we got there, it would be closer to 8 pm with this schedule.

I was not impressed.  In fact, I didn't even bother to dress up.  I was that annoyed.  He didn't seem to care so why should I?  Add to that, my friend Maria had requested to borrow my fitness ball and Chris was more than willing to drop it off on the way to the restaurant.  I kept telling myself, "Don't be annoyed."  It didn't help.

So when we drove up to Maria's house and he suggested that I take the fitness ball to the door, I was not feeling the happy.  Maria opened the door and I could see birthday decorations on the wall and it hadn't clicked yet.  I was wondering who in their family was having a birthday when all of a sudden my friends popped around the corner saying, "Surprise."  Indeed.

I looked like a scruff.  A scruff having hot flashes.  I put on a happy face and tried to make the best of it.  Chris and Maria had made a lot of effort to celebrate me.  Chris had ordered food from Qdoba catering and friends had brought some wonderful desserts.







I can now safely say I don't need another surprise birthday party.  Ever.