We started celebrating on Sunday simply because turning 50 was too epic to just celebrate for one day! (While that may be true, Chris actually has to leave town this evening for a work trip). A couple of weeks ago, Chris mentioned to me that there was a gift in the garage and I should avoid going to the far side of the garage. Okay.
Misha's car normally blocked my view of the gift and mostly I just forgot that it was there. Until one day I was in the garage, Misha had her car at school, and my gift was just sitting there. No tarp. No covering. And a very obvious picture on the front of it with big words describing it in case the picture wasn't enough. Come on people. I like to be surprised. Cover it up!
The unfortunate thing about my birthday is that I have been sick for a couple of days. It hasn't been too bad and I am on the mend, but probably not the most ideal way to celebrate. I did stay home from church though. The rest was nice.
My family has been so generous for my birthday. Each of my girls bought thoughtful gifts and Chris and his dad spoiled me as well.
It seems appropriate that Misha would give me a knife sharpener. I think she is still hoping for throwing knives someday.
Amy sent me this lovely sterling silver necklace.
A new curling iron from Kristen.
Chris and his dad went in together on this tripod for my camera (and Larry also gave me a travel size charger for my camera that will be much more convenient to take on trips than the corded one that I have been using).
This is the leaning mirror that hung out in the garage for the past month. It is awesome.
Kristen was so thoughtful to get up early this morning so that when I came upstairs from exercising, I was greeted with birthday decorations.
Misha brought me these beautiful roses and black licorice this morning just because she is so sweet. I had one piece of licorice and then had her hide the bag so I don't eat them all at once!
My friend and neighbor, Karleen, dropped of a card and a splash of Springtime with these flowers.
Thanks to my parents and Chris' parents for the $$, and a big thanks to so many friends who have sent greetings on Facebook. Life is good and I am looking forward to what 2018 will bring.