Tuesday, November 27, 2018

The Stomach Flu Hits

Chris and I were up early again with our jet lag.  Sitting in our office, I suddenly heard the dreaded sounds of barfing coming from the girls' bathroom (I hoped).  I had been feeling a little queasy since arriving home, but just figured it was part of the jet lag.  Sadly, Amy and I had a pretty rough day on Black Friday.  She threw up a number of times; I finally threw up later in the evening.

We had hope that the flu would be the 24-hour variety, but it last a good 72-hours with the queasiness and general feeling of malaise.

Kristen was pretty disappointed because she and I had planned to go shopping on Black Friday.  Chris had organized a volunteer opportunity at a local outreach shelter so he was committed elsewhere.  Amy had to miss that and Kristen was too young to participate.  Amy and I languished in bed all day and Kristen had a pretty boring Black Friday.  There might have been some tears.

Black Friday was pretty much a bust for getting some good deals, and I was sad to miss the day with Kristen.