With all of the stress of the past week with my car accident, starting a new job, and some side projects, Chris has really felt the pressure building. We were grateful for the tender mercies of God who does notice us and answers our prayers in miraculous ways.
Our Stake President (and good friend), Jarom John, arrived at our sacrament meeting a few minutes late and took his place on the stand. As we talked to him after church, Jarom noted, "I felt as though I was supposed to be in your ward today, I just didn't know why." Our speakers ended early, but a member of the Ward Council got up to fill in the extra time. Jarom had thought that maybe he was supposed to speak in our ward, but that didn't happen.
As the meeting ended, Jarom greeted people and then came to talk with Chris and I, asking how we were doing. He was not aware of the accident as we began to share that life had been stressful recently. As we talked, I asked Jarom if he would give Chris a blessing. I knew that asking wasn't even on Chris' radar, but I also knew that he needed some peace and comfort in his life as he was shouldering many burdens.
We found a classroom that wasn't being used and spent a little time talking and catching up. Jarom then gave Chris a wonderful blessing. After they hugged, Jarom then asked if I had had a blessing. I had not. So Chris and Jarom laid their hands on my head and Chris gave me a powerful blessing.
Jarom commented that he now knew why he was supposed to be in our ward today. How wonderful to know that the Lord cares for each of us and brings others in to our lives to help us.
Sometime it may seem as though the Lord is silent or very far away. We don't always see how He is working in our lives or what plan He has for us, but I do know that He is very aware of each one of us.