For months now, Kristen has been saying that she has a hard time seeing the board at school. I took her for an eye exam last July or August but the doctor didn't really see any change. Kristen still complained, so with new eye insurance, I made an appointment with another optometrist.
As we drove to the appointment I instructed Kristen to not try too hard to see the letters, to not squint, and just to see things as though she were at school. The result? We ordered a pair of bifocals for Kristen (you don't see a line or anything on the glasses) so she can see to read as well as see distances. The optometrist also recommended vision therapy and we will probably look into that in a month or so.
Kristen has been sick lately, so when her glasses arrived at the office, I picked them up for her telling them I would bring her in later this next week to have them fitted. Kristen just wanted to be able to see. She put the glasses on and her first words were, "I can't believe how blind I am," as she looked through the glasses, took them off, and put them on again.