We had the option to choose between a few adventures: a zip line experience, a rum tour, golf, and a spa day. We chose the zip line or canopy tour.
After breakfast, we met down at the Sombrero Oscuro Beach for a 1/2 hour water taxi transfer to Diamanté Adventure park.
The group was split into two and half of us toured the animal sanctuary while the other half zip lined.
We got to see more monkeys, jaguars, butterflies (they really loved Chris), toucans, and sloths.
When it was our turn to zip line, we all got suited up and began the first of five runs. Having done this before, I wasn’t nervous at all. The Superman run was especially exciting. As I was waiting my turn though, a bee must of landed on my leg and crawled under my pant leg.
Not sure how I didn’t feel it sooner, but I didn’t realize it was there until it stung me. Yeouch. I pulled a huge stinger out of my leg.
Lunch was served after we were all finished and then we had a bumpy ride back to the resort.
We were hot and sweaty once arriving. A quick shower and then a couple of hours in the pool were perfect.
We took a shuttle to the neighboring Four Seasons Resort with two other couples for a dinner at Pesce, an Italian restaurant—John and Fran from Portland and Laura and Stuart from Maryland. The shuttles between the resorts were free. The food was delicious. The night was still hot!
And at 3 am, 4 am, 5 am and beyond, we were serenaded by howler monkeys. They make the worst sound possible from these tiny little bodies. We learned that if the monkeys are in the trees outside your hotel room when the sun goes down, you are in for a noisy night.







