Tuesday, November 11, 2025

Day 1 Fly to London

I must admit, I do miss the shorter time it took to get to the airport from Firestone. I’m not quite used to the new route to the airport or the hour and fifteen minutes it takes to get there. 

Fortunately, Chris and I were traveling for his work and we were able to park in the garage next to the terminal. The airport is still a mess with construction. I think the routes to check-in and security change every time I arrive.

Chris and I checked our luggage. We were taking extra stuff because we planned to hike a few of the days on our trip, and I had two pairs of hiking boots in my case and a set of hiking poles. Getting through security was pretty smooth. 

We had some time to spare and stopped in the United Lounge for a brief snack before boarding. Even though I had an awesome seat for traveling and sleeping, something woke me up around 11:30 pm and I wasn’t able to go back to sleep after that.