Sunday, November 16, 2025

Kristen's Mission Emails - Week 73

I want to dedicate this email to a very special family who has changed my life. 

In my farewell talk, I told the story of a man who felt he had people he made promises to—to find and teach the gospel to them in this life. Once he did, he sent a simple response home: "I found my friend."

I'm happy to say the same. I found my friends.

Yesterday was the most special day of my mission, as all 4 of the Flores family entered the waters of baptism. I could go on and on about all this family has taught me, because they are some of the most humble people I know. But I felt an overwhelming love like never before as I got up to sing at their baptism. 

And I cried. And cried. The whole time. I was embarrassed because it was quite literally the worst I've ever sung in front of people. But I just couldn't contain it. And when I came to sit back down, almost everyone was crying with me.

November 16 will forever be a sacred day for Sister Kline. If I had found nobody else, taught nobody else on my mission, but this family, it would have been worth it. 

I rejoice with Ammon in saying: "Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name." (Alma 26:35) 


My mission president, Rhys Standley, leaned forward as the service started and whispered, "What a way to finish!" And I couldn't agree more. The gospel changes the lives of those willing to change. I've seen it in these short few months of teaching Kary, Kamila, Kelly, and Sebastian.

Love you all,
Sister Kline