Tuesday, November 18, 2025

Day 7 - Leaving London...Again

I woke up in London this morning. 

I had plenty of time before my flight but determined that leaving the hotel around 9:15 would be a good option. Unfortunately, I just missed the train from terminal 4 to terminal 2 and had to wait about 20 minutes for the next train. 

Again, there were long hallways, lifts (elevators), more walking and finally a lift up to level 5 where I could check in at United. The guy next to me at check-in and myself were greeted with, “Ah, you were on the Chicago flight yesterday.” Yes. We. Were. I checked in, made it through security, and walked at least another mile to the B Gates. 

I had skipped breakfast at the hotel figuring it would be better to eat in the Lounge after getting checked in. As it was, I only had about 20 minutes to quickly eat some yogurt and scrambled eggs before it was time to board. I had a great seat (though not by a window).

The flight home to Denver was about ten hours. I was so very grateful that my luggage arrived with me and that it was still light outside for driving to Monument. 

This was the first time that I had driven this route by myself. Sadly, I did miss one of my exits and had to go about ten minutes of my way to get back to the freeway. 

It is good to be home.