Kristen has been pretty whiny lately. Her parents have little patience for it. Chris told her that if she had one more whining outbreak she would sit on the back porch step. I was no longer in the kitchen, but I could hear a lot of commotion from all three of my girls. Chris was on the phone.
Kristen hates frogs. She will run screaming at the mere sight of one. Her sisters know that and even talking about frogs and teasing Kristen about frogs will get Kristen going.
It was Chris' last straw as he was trying to talk on the phone over all the girl chatter and whining. With little said, Chris stood by the back door and motioned Kristen outside; she sadly took her punishment. I walked back in to the kitchen, looked at Amy and Misha and said, "It is not entirely her fault that she is having to sit out there."
I left the kitchen again and returned to find that Amy and Misha had joined Kristen outside:
(Ignore the bird poop splat and dirty windows.)