I think it causes my youngest peep some consternation that her parents don't get more excited about their birthdays. She is such a party planner. Chris said she would make a fabulous event planner some day. She can do that in Paris too!
Anyway, another year. I guess sometime I don't get more excited about it since I still do the mundane things of every other day. My brother called in the morning while I was vacuuming, "Who vacuums on their birthday?" I do. Chris and I also met with our kitchen designer and finalized the design and cabinetry for our new house. Kind of fun, but all of these decisions can get a little stressful after awhile. My day was also filled with meeting another designer at Sherwin Williams where I like the stone to see if our stucco color selection would match. Fun. Fun.
The unfun part came after picking the girls up from all activities and I could feel the cold that I had tried to avoid all day long, settle in. Seriously, who sent me that sweet little gift? Kristen, that's who.
My girls were kind enough to make dinner as I rested. Chris has been slammed with work lately, so it was wonderful to have my girls to take over there. We had fish tacos. We opened presents after dinner. My husband was talking to Misha afterward and she asked, "How do you know what to get Mom? I asked her and she couldn't think of anything." Chris responded that it had taken him about ten years to learn to keep track of stuff all year long. He is excellent at surprising me with things I mentioned months ago (ie., a Bosu ball, cast iron giant jack paper weights, Gold Bond lotion). Plus, he had another book printed from my blog. "Kline Family 1999-2007." He's a keeper for sure.
Amy was being a goof.
Before I actually started keeping a blog, I journaled. In fact, I started a "To My Little Ones" journal shortly after we found out we were pregnant with Amy. How I would have loved to read about me at my birth, as a baby, a toddler, growing up. Such a wonderful gift that we will have to give to our girls as well someday. Misha took the book to bed with her and though she complains daily about being tired all of the time, she didn't want to put the book down. "This is my new favorite book." she said.
And then I slept on the couch so as to avoid getting Chris sick as he had a flight early the next day. Plus he was up until midnight working with his new boss. It has been a challenge to continue with his current job (until the end of March) while taking on responsibilities with his new position. I guess Amy walked in to our room last night and said, "I liked your other job better when you weren't working all the time." Hopefully it is only temporary.