Saturday, January 25, 2014

House progress - Jan 25

It is cool to see the progress that is being made.  We are projecting a finish date of April 23.  It is unbelievably exciting to feel that the end is near.  We really try to be positive in the rental, but so many times a day I mutter to myself, "I hate this driveway," or the fridge/freezer, or the tiny master bath.  I mutter quietly.

Anyway, since my last report, the main floor and basement fireplaces were delivered, along with the exterior doors and windows, and some of the decking material.  We had a couple of electrical walk-throughs, but the one that counted was with our electrician because changes were made right then and there.  The garage doors were installed.







We had a beautiful Saturday afternoon where the weather was about 60 degrees--fabulous for January--so we lent a hand to our contractor and helped put windows in.  Sadly it was a little breezy, and a sudden gust of wind sent one of the basement windows crashing over. I can say "I helped put in these windows."



I also applied some stucco color to the outside of the house.