I have been working on curtains in the past month. Out of necessity, Misha and Kristen have curtains in their room. They get a lot of afternoon sunshine and their rooms are quite warm. Misha and Kristen's windows are quite large and required me to find curtains in the 120" length. I was able to find some for Misha at IKEA in dark blue. We shortened them about 6 or 7 inches and they work perfectly.
For Kristen's room, I found some curtains that were ruffled but only came in 84" lengths. So, I bought three curtains and proceeded to cut and paste (with my sewing machine) and then I had to add black out lining. They turned out great. I had hoped to have them up to surprise Kristen when she got home from Grandma's, but the timing didn't work quite right with getting the curtain rod hung. So she got them the day after she got home.
Amy found some curtains at IKEA that worked great with the colors she had chosen for her room. I had to add some black-out fabric to them as well and then shortened them a couple of inches. That black-out lining is pretty slick. It doesn't have to be hemmed and I simply attached with a simple seam at the top of the curtain.
I also found some curtains at West Elm for the living room. Our color palette for that room is a light blue and these curtains matched perfectly. I bought two initially just to make sure they would match and then bought two more. Too bad I didn't know they would be half the sale price when I bought the first pair. I added some black ribbon in stripes on the lower section of the curtain.