Wednesday, July 9, 2014

She Came Home

Kristen finally arrived home around midnight on July 8th.  She left to visit Grandma on the June 18 with Christopher while the other girls and I were at Girls' Camp.  After her cousins asked if she could stay when they visited Grandma, Chris extended her stay until July 1st.  On June 30th, we got a called requesting for Kristen to "please, please, please" stay a little longer.  There wasn't much activity-wise that she was going to miss, so we changed her reservation.  I must admit I was beginning to miss her quite a bit. I think she too started to get a little home sick after the second week.  It's a long time for a little peep to be away.

Her flight didn't arrive until 11 pm, so Chris hung out in Colorado Springs after work in order to bring her home.  I must have dozed a bit when she got home but quickly woke up when I heard the door chime ding.  Kristen was already upstairs in her home checking it out.  I had spent hours cleaning, organizing, and hanging pictures.  I also had curtains ready to hang but needed Chris' help to make that happen.

She tackled me in a hug when I walked in to her room.  I quickly got her settled for bed and kissed her good night.  I was glad to have her home.