Friday, December 5, 2014

December 1st

One of the traditions we have adopted in the last couple of years is a gift of pajamas for the girls on December 1st.  We used to give pjs on Christmas Eve but decided to change things up a little bit.  Chris and I weren't really needing new sleep wear and since the weather starts to get a little colder at the beginning of the month, it became fun for the girls to have new, warm-weather pajamas to wear the whole month.  We arrived home from Thailand on the 1st, and I wasn't prepared for our December 1st tradition.  It got bumped to December 3rd this year.

Along with the pajamas, we usually drew names on the same night, for a gift exchange on Christmas Eve that involves the whole family (and not just me buying pjs for everyone).  When I suggested that we wait until the following Monday, there was a lot of dissension from the younger ranks.  Can't mess with tradition (even if it is only a few years old)!



Amy wasn't interested in posing with her new robe.