Our family traveled to Arizona for Chris' grandmother's memorial this weekend. It was a quick turnaround from our return from Thailand on Monday afternoon. Some of my daughters would have been happy not to even unpack their Thailand suitcase and just go with what was left in it for the weekend. I suggested they rethink that option.
We left for the airport once the girls arrived home from school. It was at that awkward too early for dinner but will be rather late for dinner once we land time. We chose to wait.
We were able to board without too much of a problem, though my daughter's groaned that this was a non-wifi airplane. I groaned because I realized that I had left my iPad charging on the kitchen counter at home. I had brought the recycling bin in to the garage and everyone was waiting in the car; I didn't get a chance to do a final sweep of the house. Boo for me.
When I say that we went from the best to the worst, I am referencing our flight on Thai Air from Thailand to Norita where we rode on a lovely, comfortable double decker plane. This flight turned in to the flight from hell. We had a HUGE group of people from one company that boarded the plane and the atmosphere went downhill quickly from there. Oh, they were having fun drinking, standing in the hills, shouting at each other, leading each other in song, swearing up a storm.
Chris actually yelled at one guy after he sat down from leading the group in song. He buckled up and stayed put until we landed. Couldn't they see the three children seated next to them as they dropped their f-bombs and made suggestive comments? They were so loud that it was impossible to hear a word the attendants or captain said throughout the flight. They were drunk already and wouldn't have cared if we said something to them.
Chris complained to one of the flight attendants. It was obvious that they were just trying to get through the flight without having to confront anyone. Finally the group's boss, who happened to be sitting way up at the front of the plane, came back and jokingly asked his people to quiet down. Didn't really work. It was our worst flight ever.