Thursday, December 4, 2014

Jet Lag

Jet lag is a bear.  It is crazy when your kids beg to go to bed at 6:30 pm.  We tried to keep them up as long as possible.  Two nights in a row, Kristen woke up at 2:30 am.  Wednesday morning I suggested she try to go back to bed, but everyone else was up and she had already had breakfast and emptied the dishwasher.  She was a little wired.  Thursday morning was a repeat performance, and I pretty much made her go back to bed at 5:15.  She wasn't happy.  I tried to convince her that I wasn't punishing her but trying to help her out, "Well, it feels a lot like punishment."  Regardless, she fell back to sleep until about 8:20.  We hurried together to get her out the door by 8:45.  It took until Friday or Saturday night before we could all stay awake past 9 pm and could all sleep through the night.  Glad it didn't last forever.