It has been a long two weeks, and I am looking forward to having my husband home this evening. The girls and I dropped Chris off at the airport on Saturday, January 3 around noon. His flight was delayed. Delayed again. He was able to change his flight and instead of heading to London, he took off for Germany. He spent about eight hours in Germany with a co-worker showing him around a bit.
Chris finally made it to London a day late and geared up for long days ahead. He spent the next week in London getting up early and going to bed late. His 11 pm was our 4 pm, so it was cutting things close for him to have time to even say hello to me and the girls. He left London the following Monday for Prague. His busy schedule and long days caught up with him as he lost his voice and came down with a cold. He still had meetings to run and presentations to give, so he couldn't just take a sick day. Though I am sure he wished he could.
After two days in Prague, Chris was off to Instanbul, Turkey for two more days. He was feeling pretty crappy here and wasn't sad at all when some of his meetings were cancelled--just gave him a little time to rest. He was able to get some antibiotics over-the-counter. Here's hoping they worked for his flight home.
He left Instanbul and headed back to Prague for a one-night stay yesterday, and then was up early for a flight to Germany. He didn't sleep too well because of being sick and feeling that he wouldn't hear his alarm. His dad called him sometime around 3 am as well.
I'm sure he will be exhausted as he walks out of the terminal, but we will be thrilled to see him. I don't like these long trips nor the lack of communication.