Friday, January 23, 2015

My Birthday 2015

Yep, they just keep on coming. I am grateful for Kristen who quite often tells me I don't look anywhere close to my age. It's a good thing, because most days I don't feel my age either.

It was a lovely treat to walk downstairs early Thursday morning (5:20 am) and realize that my oldest daughter had slipped down after I had gone to sleep and done a little stealth decorating. I love that she had the idea and made the effort to celebrate me.


Alas, there were no candles in my cereal and, gasp, I don't think I had candles in anything at all this year.  I'll survive.  Even worse, I don't think I had a single picture taken of me.  For someone who decided that I should be in more pictures this year, I am off to a bad start!

Chris and Amy worked a little magic behind the scenes, since Chris was out of town, and had red roses delivered by Jamie John in the afternoon.  I love red roses!


I took the girls out to dinner at 3 Margaritas and Misha treated us at TCBY afterward.  I am grateful for my girls and all that they do to celebrate me.

Chris' gift arrived a couple of days before my birthday, but I waited to open the next book in my family blog book series until the 22nd.  He actually combined two books in to one to create a 730-page book.  Pretty amazing to see my blog in hard copy form but it sure makes it fun to read and look at all of our great memories over the past couple of years.

Because Chris was sick last week, he didn't get a chance to take the girls shopping at all.  They were a little disappointed that they didn't have any gifts for me, but Chris had already promised to take them shopping on Saturday after Amy finished work.