Sunday, January 18, 2015

My "Pinteresting" Life-House

I found Pinterest to be a tremendously useful tool while building our home. If the builder asked, "How do you want your stairs to look?" I would go to Pinterest (and Houzz.com) and find examples of what I liked and show the pictures to him.  If you have never used Pinterest before, you are able to create "Boards" that are specific to different themes, ie., Kitchen, Color, Bedroom, Curtains, Recipes.  Really the possibilities are endless.

Here are a few examples of how Pinterest translated in to the design of my house:

Girls' Bathroom Mirror (Pinterest Board: Bathroom)

Girls' Bathroom Towel Hooks (Pinterest Board: Hooks)


Craftsman Style Doors and Windows Trim (Pinterest Board: If I Ever Build a House Again)


Medallion Tile for Kitchen Backsplash (Pinterest Board: Kitchen)
This was actually my own creation after doing some research.  I found a decorative metal wall tile at Hobby Lobby, spray painted it in an Oil Rubbed Bronze color, and then found the botticino marble bullnose (pencil liner) to match the tile.  It was an inexpensive solution with a lot of decorative punch.


Newel Posts (Pinterest Board: Stairs)


 Front Door (Pinterest Board: Front Door)


Paint Color (Pinterest Board: Color)

Sherwin Williams Rain and Sherwin Williams Pavillion Beige