Chris and I had a work-filled Saturday. It was wonderful to have some of the projects completed that I have been working on recently (and some that have just been waiting). Chris worked by my side all day long until we both collapsed in the evening. We hung curtain rods and curtains in the dining room. Here's my dilemma. I had to order these curtains online at Target because they were a longer length than what they carry in-store. They still weren't long enough, so I was going to add an accent strip. I ordered four; however, I cut the first curtain in the wrong spot when I was lengthening it, and decided to use that "whoops" curtain to make valance curtains for the laundry room. I ordered another panel from Target, unfortunately, it was from a different dye lot. Boo. So I returned the panel and ordered two more hoping that maybe one of them would be closer in color. I got two more panels and they are each a little different color from each other and my other panels. Ahh, what to do?
Curtain rods (and curtains) in our our bedroom. They are plain white (from Ikea) but mostly the right length. We'll see how much I like the white.
You may wonder about why the curtains are looking all bunched up and funny like that. Just trying to create a natural pleat. I'll have to leave them like that for a couple of weeks, but since we haven't had curtains for the past seven months, a couple more weeks won't really matter.
Interspersed with my project, was one of Chris' projects. He gave the girls speakers for their bathroom for Christmas and enlisted Misha to help with the install. There was a lot of mess with the insulation from the attic, but they got that cleaned up and rocked with some pretty awesome-sounding speakers.
And the bell. He hung the bell for me. It has been sitting in the same place for so long that the dust around it created a nice little pattern. Actually it goes to show that my daughters need to do a better job of dusting!
Now, when I want to call my girls home or get their attention at the lake, I will ring the bell and watch them come running because they are always so obedient like that!



