Misha has had early-morning jazz band practice this past year, so usually I have to drive her to school either Tuesday or Friday and sometimes both days for her 7 am practice. There is a home along CR 34 that has quite a few well-trained peacocks that hang out in the front yard. Well-trained because they don't seem to ever go in the road and there is no fence surrounding the property. As we would drive by early in the morning, I would wonder if the peacocks slept in the barn because they were not wandering about at that early hour.
One morning, I happened to look up in to one of the huge cotton trees surrounding the house and what do you know but that the peacocks were all up in the tree! There were at least five that I could count, male and female. Misha spotted a ladder against one of the trees which must have been how the birds climbed up in to the tree. We happened to see one fly/float to the ground one morning as we passed by.
We never have seen humans at this house, so Misha likes to think that the peacocks have the run of the place. She has a bit of a Far Side sense of humor.

