Friday, May 22, 2015

Elementary School Picnic

The Elementary School hosts a last-day-of-school picnic at 11:30 on...the last day of school.  It was cold and dreary, and the least sunny picnic we have been to.  I had picked Amy and her friend, Sarah, up from the high school and then stopped at Subway to pick up lunch for every one.  Subway was having technical issues with their register and the service was sooooooo slow.  In fact, we left the building at 11:35 and already I was feeling badly for Kristen because we were so late. 

Not to worry.  I took Amy and Sarah with me to the school, parked (in the school bus loading zone no less), and headed off to find Kristen.  She was happily signing others' yearbooks and sharing her yearbook for signatures.  She came running toward us when she spotted the three of us.  I didn't get any Subway for myself because by the time I was at the front of the line, I wasn't really in the mood for it anymore! 

Amy and Sarah returned to the car because it was so chilly, and Kristen and I sat down next to Mr. King and she ate her lunch.  We didn't stay too long after Kristen ate her lunch.  Kristen has loved Mr. King.  He has been a great teacher for her and really tried to make this a great experience for Kristen this year.  I signed her out and we went in search of Amy and Sarah, literally, since the school bus dude had made them move.  I was imagining the worst, since Amy isn't supposed to drive on her own.  I wasn't very pleased when I saw her and Sarah running through the parking lot trying to find us.  I made her hand over the keys.