I think this house is jinxed with all of the water issues that we have had. I headed downstairs to exercise one morning after getting Amy sent off to seminary and before taking Misha to the bus stop. I was stopped in my tracks when I walked downstairs and saw a puddle of water on the floor and water dripping out of the ceiling outlet. And just my luck, Chris was gone for the weekend biking with his buddies in Moab.
I ran upstairs to get Misha, texted Chris, and grabbed towels. Misha hurried down to help and we put towels down to soak up the water, found garbage cans to catch the drips, and stood back to assess the damage. Then I began to look for where the water was coming from. Frustrating because nothing appeared to be leaking, no sinks, toilets, washing machine, fridge, and yet water was definitely coming from somewhere.
I had called Chris (waking him up), and he finally called me back. With his help, I got the water to the house turned off, but together we couldn't figure out what might be causing the leak. He called our builder, Dave, who suggested the line in the attic for the humidifier. I never would have thought of that. I pulled out a drawer in the vanity. There was already a hole in the sheet rock for the water line. I felt the insulation. Wet.
With the water turned off, the leaking stopped after awhile, but what a mess. Dave (the builder) arrived around 7:30 am and confirmed that the humidifier line was the culprit. We could narrow it down to that because of the water damage to the sheet rock and the wet concrete on the fireplace. (And apparently I was far too upset to take an in-focus picture at all that morning.)
The HVAC guy, also Dave, arrived a little later in the morning to install a copper tubing line to replace the plex pipe. What do you know? It had a hole in it. I could do without all of the stress from these leaks. Some days it is just more than I can handle.
The water also leaked under the hardwood by the door to the basement. So, I had to listen to the hum of fans for the next couple of days as they dried things out. Dave and Dave also pulled up the carpet and used a heavy duty fan to dry everything out so that there was no worry for mold in the future. I wouldn't have to worry about mold if there were no leaks!