Friday, June 3, 2016

Dead Battery

It was time.  The old battery had lived almost five years.  But having a car with a dead battery was pretty inconvenient no matter when it died.  Fortunately, I had another car to choose from at that moment, but I would have to jump the Pilot's battery later.

Later, as in, when Chris woke up in Australia.  We Facetimed while he talked me through what to do.  I have never actually jumped a car all by myself before.  I laid the jumper cables out on the garage floor, raised the hood on the Pilot and the Acura, and started to attach the cables to the Acura.  SPARKS!  Um, yeah.  Don't let the cables on the other end touch while you are attaching the first two to the working battery!


I listened to Chris as he talked me through the process, showed him what I was doing, and got the go ahead to start the Acura and then the Pilot.  I then turned off the Acura, disconnected the jumper cables (without letting ends touch just in case), and headed off to Auto Zone.  Unfortunately, of the two ladies working there, the one who looked at my car said she couldn't/wouldn't change out the battery if she had to remove any other parts.

Chris was checking online about pricing.  I had called over to Grease Monkey and they had a battery and would install it for me within the next couple of minutes.  Chris wanted me to check another place or maybe go to Honda because we still had some warranty on the battery, but it was 5:30 pm on a Friday.  Turns out, Grease Monkey was the best deal of all (except for maybe if I had gone to Honda for the warranty deal) and they gave me a $5 discount.