Thursday, May 18, 2017

Pancake Squares

Feeling uninspired as to what to make for dinner, I decided to make Pancake Squares.  I have changed the original recipe a bit; my girls liking it more when I sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top of the batter before it cooks.

I thought it tasted a little off when I cut a smaller corner to taste.  When Kristen also complained that it tasted salty, I thought it was odd.  The saltiness didn't make the meal inedible, but the squares weren't quite as tasty as usual.  The one culprit was the cinnamon and sugar shaker which somehow had had salt added to it.  Not sure how, but it did.  I should have thrown the contents of the shaker away, but I had to leave for a meeting and didn't get to it before Amy came down to eat later (probably after waking up from a nap).

Amy thought the food tasted a little too salty as well.  So, she grabbed the cinnamon and sugar shaker and liberally sprinkled the mixture over the pancake squares. 


Funny thing, nobody would fess up to adding salt to the cinnamon and sugar.  Sure wonder how it got there.  (By the way, they didn't eat all of those pancake squares.  I was in the process of throwing them out when I thought to take a picture.)