Monday, December 2, 2024

Kristen's Mission Email - Week 24

Hey people!! How ya going? 

Here's what happened this week in Oz... 
  • So many flyer drop-offs
  • Sickness=out of commission 
  • Exchanges with Sister Templeman! 
  • Getting to know the ward/area 
This mission focuses especially on finding people to teach through service. Rather than door knocking, we leave free service flyers (housework, yard work, projects, etc.) in letterboxes! It's actually pretty successful! We have some projects lined up for this next week and many of the people we're teaching right now we've found through service!


We take Ammon's approach of fulfilling the people's needs first and showing genuine Christlike love through our actions—through service. It wasn't until Ammon showed the king and the Lamanites that he just wanted to help when they finally accepted his message. 

Well, after two rounds of companions being sick, it finally got me. Sister Taylor and I were homebound with colds for a bit of this week which has left me with a delightful cough which especially loves to make an appearance right when I'm teaching. Convenient! 

I did lots of crosswords and realized very quickly that I did not buy enough food on P-Day. Being sick on the mission is no fun, but it gave us lots of time to text and call our friends!! 

I was blessed to go on exchanges with my STL/roommate Sister Templeman! We're serving in the same ward but over different areas. It was super cool to see how someone else does the work down under! She's such a sweetheart and actually my 4th cousin!! (Thanks Familysearch) 


I tried Hungry Jack's for the first time (Aussie Burger King...6/10) and had our studies on the beach. It was delightful!! We're still trying to adjust to the new area and remembering all these names and background stories takes patience (being sick was the least helpful thing for that) BUT they do lots of fun things every week in this ward! 

We have weekly volleyball with a bunch of Polynesian people who are a little too good at spiking the ball and soccer with a bunch of Nigerian bros. Along with the basic ward activities and institute and mission devotionals, etc. we stay pretty busy, which I love. 

1st District Council (via zoom for Kristen and Sister Taylor since they were sick.)


My personal scripture for the week is Psalms 118:6 "The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?"

Remember, if we were in a schoolyard pick, Heavenly Father would pick you first❤️ The Lord is on your side. He will not leave you or change His mind. He's all in on you. Fear is not from Him, and when we become God-fearing, it's actually becoming God-revering. When we're faced with the worst case scenarios of what people could say to us or what they might think or do, we have to wonder if they can part the seas or move mountains, because the God on our side can. So why worry?

Of course, this is coming from the world's #1 worrier, but I'm going to take this invite alongside you all this week. When we have those thoughts of fear or worry, remember that God can do more than anything the opposition can. 

I'd love to hear about the haps wherever you are. I love you all so much and know that God does too!! 

Sister Kline 

P.S. the number of spiders I'm seeing is increasing.... 
P.P.S my p-day won't be until Thursday, December 12 (just for next week) because we're going to the temple!! See ya then😘