Thursday, December 12, 2024

Kristen's Mission Email - Week 25

Hey people!! Long time no email, but that's because we got to attend the temple today so we swapped p-days to today! 

Remember last time when I said I'd have so much to report over such a long period of time? Well, turns out when you get sick AGAIN and are stuck inside for a whole week, that list gets smaller. 

Regardless... Here's the haps! 
  • My horrible terrible awful very bad no good immune system 
  • Zone conference! 
  • Services galore 
  • Temple! 
Did you know that a virus can relapse? Because I didn't. But last Tuesday I felt like I had a flu. And a cold. At the same time. 0/10 would not recommend. After seeing my McD's from lunch again and running a fever, I figured it was a different ailment than the week prior, but after talking to our mission nurse, my body was apparently having the same virus again?? And it decided to tell me that by making me hurl my guts out? 

Sister Templeman made homemade chicken noodle soup.


Alledgedly, I did too much last week and my body decided to shut down in response. The next day, sure enough, I was rid of my flu symptoms, but had the same cold as last week but like 3x worse. I spent most of my days this last week in bed, doing more crosswords, trying to breathe normally, calling everyone in our areabook and miming to Sister Taylor while I lost my voice for a few days. I didn't start feeling/getting better til about Monday. No fun.

I told myself I was going to zone conference on Friday, they could wheel me out on a gurney, but I was going. I was pretty miserable still and kept my distance which took a lot of the fun of seeing other missionaries from the day, but I'm so glad I went. Everytime President Standley talks about where this mission is headed and what we need to do to get there, it further confirms to me that he is leading this mission by the Spirit. 

I left wanting to be a better missionary than ever before. 

We have been getting so many services on the books lately. I appreciate when people call us and say, "Free service is suspicious. Is this a scam?" We tell them, "No, we're just trying to be like Jesus!" They usually say something like, "Oh dear, isn't that sweet!! Aren't you a doll!" We weed lots of yards and wash lots of windows, but people are always very grateful and SOMETIMES even receptive to our message! I'm excited for the hopefully inevitable email where I tell you about the cool people we met by doing their yardwork, etc. 


And finally, we got to go to the temple today! It was such a beautiful experience and I'm grateful to live close to one and have a president who allows us to attend. While it wasn't the week I would've liked and even though I'm still recovering, I still found peace in my Savior this week. The best part of my homebound days was my studies. 


Spending that time in the scriptures helped me find joy even though I wasn't doing the things I would've liked to. If you aren't reading your scriptures everyday, START! It makes a difference and the Lord loves any effort--one chapter, one verse, it will bless you. 

Love you all, talk to you in just a few days. 

Keep me posted on what's happening with yous! 
Sister Kline