Sunday, December 29, 2024

Kristen's Mission Email - Week 28

Hey people!! I hope you all had a great Christmas and a wonderful week! I definitely had a Christmas to remember so let's get into it! 
  • Music on Christmas Eve (w/ friends!) 
  • CHRISTMAS W THE MISH 
  • So much flat cleaning 
  • Elect Princess 
  • High standards in the AAM 
  • We had a musical devotional on Christmas Eve run by some of our missionaries! We got together to sing carols and hear some awesome musical performances! 
  • Our friend Christopher (who is 83 btw) came to the aforementioned devotional and then church on Sunday and talked about how enjoyable they both were! Some of his buds told him that meeting with us was a bad idea, so he had some questions for us, and afterwards said, "I'm so glad to hear that you believe that!" I hope everyone overcomes peer pressure like my 83 year old pal. 
MISSION CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION!! We were surprised with videos from home (I definitely was not sobbing when I saw mine, because I literally talked to them like 30 mins before....that would be embarrassing if I did, right??๐Ÿ˜ฌ), played games, ate good food, had a huge 80-person white elephant, district secret Santa, Kahoots, AND a funny video competition. Which my district won๐Ÿซก President knows comedy when he sees it clearly (I'll attach it to my Google Photos) 

Mission T-shirt from President


If we didn't win, I would have been distraught, that took way too much effort. Plus, I brought a coveted frog hat for white elephant which everyone fought over, and I'm very proud of that. This means I'm basically the funniest AAM missionary. I don't make the rules. 


We had our 3 hours of mandated deep cleaning for the transfer. This mission is relatively lax in comparison to Arcadia with the exception of cleaning, oddly enough! 

Kristen and Sister Bradbeer


We received a referral from a lady named Princess the other day. We rang her and the first thing she asked was when church was! I was like, "Okay pull up at 9:30 on Sunday". AND SHE DID!!! She showed up with a cutie little baby who didn't even cry during sacrament meeting and we were talking about baptism after ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜ she sounds elect to me. Pray for Princess!! 

President has high expectations for us this next transfer and new year (we receive transfer news Wednesday and move Saturday). He wants us finding at least one new person to teach EVERYDAY, to read the Book of Mormon in 90 days, and to memorize all the principles for the first three lessons! When he said all this, I was a little nervy! But this is totally attainable with the Lord on my side AND with some sacrifice on my part. 

The same goes for whatever goals you have for this upcoming new year! The Lord will uphold and magnify your efforts when you seek Him too! It may require sacrificing some things and some hard work, but you can do so much more with Him than on your own. 

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

IT'S TRUE!! I would encourage you to set a spiritual goal for yourself this year. Where do you want to see yourself and your Savior at the end of 2025? Prayerfully create a goal and a plan to make it happen. And when you include the Lord in your plans, you invite His power to complete them as well. I can't believe it's basically 2025, but I hope this is the best year for all of you. 

I'm so excited for what's in store, let me know what you're doing for New Years! God loves you so so much, and so do I. 

Sister Kristen Kline๐Ÿ’—