Sunday, December 21, 2008

Curling Iron Woes

After dyeing Misha's hair this summer, her hair lost a lot of its curl. I usually take a curling iron and give the ends a gentle curl under or use a hair dryer and round brush if it is wet. We were getting ready to go to the ward Christmas party tonight. The curling iron was plugged in, and I left my room to help Misha with wardrobe issues. I left Kristen going to the bathroom in my room. I know, cue the foreboding music. Suddenly I heard a lot of crying and ran back to my room. Kristen tried to tell me through tears that she touched the curling iron. I immediately started running cold water over her hand and she kept her hand in water until we left the house. I gave her a palm-sized cold pack wrapped in a paper towel to hold onto and she held on to it for the rest of the night. My poor sweetheart. I don't think she let her hand linger on the curling iron for too long and immersing her hand in the cold water seemed to have helped quite a lot. But still...

Update: Her hand is doing very well. She hasn't complained about it since last Saturday night. I believe the cold treatment really helped a lot.