Thursday, December 18, 2008

Orthodontia



Amy paid a visit to the Orthodontist on Tuesday. She's my worrier no matter the amount of reassuring I do. She walked in fearing shots, horror and all kinds of pain. She walked out doing jumping jacks (not really jumping jacks since the sidewalks were snow covered), but she was excited.

She will have to have braces on only her two front teeth. Right now their spacing is pretty wide, and it is preventing the two teeth on either side from descending. The Orthodontist was hopeful that this would be all the work she would require since she has a good bite and bone structure. Let's hope. I'll take her back in for the actual brace work in January, and she'll have something fun to talk about and show off for six months to a year.

Now that she's been to the Orthodontist, she seems to have osmosed the doctor's knowledge and expertise. She looked at Misha's teeth this morning and announced, "Yes, you'll definitely need to have braces." I think I'll wait and let the real doctor decide Misha's fate.