After arriving home later that afternoon, I went looking for Kristen in the office. It was rather quiet in there. She had a piece of masking tape in her hands and was just in the process of applying it to another DVD. I began to tell her that we didn't put tape on DVDs until I got a chance to make a closer inspection. AAAAAGGGGHHHHH! She had broken another DVD from the library. My heart softened as I realized she was trying to make it right by taping it back together. Here's hoping she'll honor the "no touching DVDs" ban she's now under.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
That's Gonna Cost Me
Last Tuesday, Kristen and I arrived home from the library with a bag full of movies and books; it was a quick stop for me as I had a dental appointment. I called home after my appointment was over, as it had taken a lot longer than I had planned, to make sure Kristen was doing okay--more importantly that Chris wasn't pulling his hair out trying to work while keeping an eye on a 3 1/2-year old. He informed me that he had some "bad news". I couldn't imagine what it was; he proceeded to tell me that the Library's Mickey Mouse DVD was broken and Kristen likely did it. Rats.
After arriving home later that afternoon, I went looking for Kristen in the office. It was rather quiet in there. She had a piece of masking tape in her hands and was just in the process of applying it to another DVD. I began to tell her that we didn't put tape on DVDs until I got a chance to make a closer inspection. AAAAAGGGGHHHHH! She had broken another DVD from the library. My heart softened as I realized she was trying to make it right by taping it back together. Here's hoping she'll honor the "no touching DVDs" ban she's now under.
After arriving home later that afternoon, I went looking for Kristen in the office. It was rather quiet in there. She had a piece of masking tape in her hands and was just in the process of applying it to another DVD. I began to tell her that we didn't put tape on DVDs until I got a chance to make a closer inspection. AAAAAGGGGHHHHH! She had broken another DVD from the library. My heart softened as I realized she was trying to make it right by taping it back together. Here's hoping she'll honor the "no touching DVDs" ban she's now under.