New Year's Eve 2009 my girls started asking if they could have a party. Chris and I had hosted a party and they wanted in on the fun. I told them that I was reserving New Year's Eve for Christopher and I, but that they could have one after Christmas 2010 during their break. They didn't forget. So this year, they began asking before Christmas to make sure I would really let them have one. They loved sending out invitations via Evite.com and excitedly watched to see which of their friends were able to come. We scheduled the After Christmas Pajama Party Bash for December 28th from 6 to 10 pm. They forgot to mention that they would be serving pizza and we had some left over, but who can complain about that. They had a white elephant gift exchange with crazy gifts such as an infant diaper, goo, a Justin Bieber poster and Amy's favorite, "Cookies for Dummies." She scored that one and was pretty excited. I mean, diaper...recipe book...diaper...recipe book.
They danced to their new Wii game "Just Dance 2". When I went down, the boys were all sitting on the couches watching, but with a little encouragement they were kind of going through the motions to "Viva Las Vegas." Feedback from Moms indicated that their kids had a lot of fun. I was impressed that the party moved along well and every one got along great.