One morning while Kristen and I waited for Misha and Amy to be finished their tennis lessons, we headed over to Target to pass the time. Before ever leaving the house, Kristen had formulated a plan in her mind of how she was going to spend her time at Target. As we got out of the van, she had a book, paper and a pencil in hand. I asked her what she was going to do with the stuff. She announced that she was going to draw the fruit at Target. Uhhhh, no. I wasn't planning to stand in the produce department the whole time. I told her to put the paper and pencil in the van. She refused. I told her that we weren't going in the store then. I climbed back in the van and she begrudgingly climbed back in as well.
She cried, "It has always been my dream to draw the fruit at Target." Oh really I thought. "You just don't want me to have any dreams!" We sat in the van for twenty minutes. I read my magazine and asked every so often asked if she was ready to go in without the paper. Stubborn little thing.