Friday, November 24, 2017

Lightroom Fix

When Chris upgraded my computer this last year, the transfer of picture files to my Lightroom catalog went fairly smoothly, except that the path for files was tweaked slightly.  This meant that the pictures were stored in the correct place on my computer, but a new folder was created in the Lightroom catalog.

I spent a couple of hours on hold with Adobe to get help.  The first time I waited over an hour and then had to leave to pick up Kristen.  And that was when they finally got to me.  So I tried again a couple of days later.  I finally got through to a person but found that by the end of the "help" session, my files were all messed up.

It was then that Chris stepped in and handily fixed everything even though he said he didn't understand the workings of Lightroom.  What a lifesaver!