We needed to leave for the airport around noon in order to drive back to Great Falls for a 4 pm flight. Not knowing how long it would take us to get through the border was the one wild card.
My parents' church was at noon. We would have to miss it, but went to the ward meeting at 10:30. I saw and spoke with a few people that I know. Mom came with us as my dad had a Elders Quorum presidency meeting. We returned home to quickly pack up our stuff and be on our way and so that Mom and Dad could make it back to the church in time for their ward to start.
We only had to wait for about 30 minutes at the border and had enough time in Great Falls, MT to stop for a late lunch at Cafe Rio. Our flight was delayed about a half an hour—a concern for Chris since he was connecting in Denver to fly to Las Vegas for a work conference.
You gotta love the couches and fireplace in the waiting area of Great Falls.
Let's just say, that when Chris got off the airplane, my short legs had to go double time to keep up with him. We said a quick goodbye as he left to go to his next gate and Kristen and I headed down to baggage claim.
And...we had to catch a bus back out to Mt. Elbert. I'll be glad when Pikes Peak is open again after the construction.