Sunday, October 27, 2019

Mementos From Home

With our quick visit to Southern Alberta, I was able to take a few pictures of items that hold memories for me.

My parent's barometer. Somehow they knew how to read that thing, and I would often hear, "The barometer is falling..."


My mom made these gnomes when I was just a young girl. A friend suggested that her mom and my mom drove to Sunburst, Montana to take classes. These gnomes have survived six kids and plenty of grandkids. For years they sat on the top of her kitchen cabinets. They have been replaced by other decor and now reside in the basement. Did your mom makes these too?


My dad's home workshop.  He has a board just like this in the garage as well. You could say he is a curator of fine tools nowadays. Tools and building and creativity have always been a part of my dad's life. He is a builder and talented as such. At 81, he still likes to putter in his workshop. Some of his tools these days are paintbrushes and canvases. Yep, he is a talented artist too. I am pretty sure that as he peruses garage sales with my mom, he finds a treasure and says, "You just can't find this quality anymore." Thus, his collection continues to grow.



This picture of our front hall showcases my dad's talent in brickwork and woodworking.