We were up and going early Friday morning in order to get an early start on the road to Canada. We left the hotel before 8 am. The breakfast at the hotel was only so so. The waffle mix stuck to the waffle maker and made a total mess. Since that is my family's favorite breakfast choice, it was kind of a bummer to have to eat something else.
Our first stop of the day was Devil's Tower, an hour away from Spearfish. We found "South Carolina" at Devil's Tower. You won't be surprised when I say that Kristen got her Junior Ranger packet and immediately started working on it. Chris and I opted to walk around the base of the tower, while Amy and Misha opted to stay at the visitor center and "help" Kristen finish her packet.
We were back on the road after an hour or so toward Billings, MT. We came across a lot of road construction and chose to make a quick pit stop at Little Big Horn National Monument. We didn't stay very long. Kristen was impressed with the rows and rows of grave markers.
Our drive through the border was without issue. I guess 9:30 pm is good time to cross the border. Usually we have had to wait for at least 15-20 minutes. We arrived in Stirling, Alberta at 10:15 pm. Yay to be done driving for a few days. My parents had waited up for us and were rather tired. We got the girls situated in beds and off to sleep. Kristen and Amy slept in the same bed the entire vacation. I know Misha enjoyed having her own bed, and room at times, throughout our vacation. I'm pretty sure Kristen enjoyed sharing with Amy. Amy? Meh.