Church was at 11 am. I was amazed when I woke up and looked at the clock. It read 8 am. That is amazing for me to sleep in that late! You might say, "Eight isn't late!" but when you normally wake up in the five o-clock hour, eight was late. Church was fairly low-key. My parents' ward was split a while back and they are in a ward where I only know a handful of people anymore. It was amazing to me that in a village the size of Stirling (1200 people) there are three wards!
One thing, being raised in Canada, that I have not been able to get past saying, and my girls correct me all the time is dinner for lunch. In Canada we have breakfast, dinner, and supper. In the US, we say breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Confusing at times for my girls, but I tell them after all of this time, they should know what I mean.
So we had dinner at 2:30 pm after church. My parents use their crockpots a lot and left a turkey loaf cooking while we were at church as well as more freshly dug potatoes. We had frozen peas from last year since their crop this year wasn't too plentiful. Their garden is always amazing.
The rest of the afternoon was pretty low-key. We walked down to the fish pond and then Chris and I took Amy and Misha driving. Misha first, and it was her first real experience behind the wheel.
She did pretty well. She needed to realize that beyond driving, you have to pay attention to a lot of things going on--other cars, pedestrians, kids playing, stop signs, or yield signs. It was a lot to process, but Chris and I tried to instill the idea that you have to become excellent at focusing on driving to be a good driver.
Amy got to practice parking in a lot, backing in to a space, learning to judge distance, and parallel parking. Chris is a fabulous parallel parker. It is an inborn skill I believe. You can either do it on the first try or you give up on the third or fourth and go park some where in a non-parallel position.
Chris blocked the view of the back-up camera so that Amy could learn to back up using the mirrors, to shoulder check, and all that good stuff. Some of it becomes instinctive with practice and with knowing the size of the vehicle you are driving.