Saturday, July 11, 2015

The River Bed & Prairie Dogs

I have put off finishing the river bed long enough, mostly because the second half of it required that I haul rocks from a large pile down the back hill.  I enlisted Amy and Misha one day by filling up the 4-wheeler's trailer and then letting them dump the rocks at varying spots down the hill.  The rock pile was rather large, and to be honest, we've probably only gotten through half of it so far, but at least I got started on finishing my river project.

Here's the rock pile with about a third of the rocks moved.


I placed my weed fabric right over a prairie dog's hole after filling the hole with rock and dirt.  They are determined little pests.  The rodent just ate through the fabric and moved the rocks and dirt out of the way.   So then I had Chris put a big rock over it's hole.  It dug a new hole around the rock and made a huge mess.  Prairie dogs are a nuisance and pests and need to be eradicated from my property.  And they are plague-carrying rodents.