Friday, January 22, 2016

48

I'm 48.  I have a weird thing with numbers, so I am just happy that I am an even number this year, that 48 is a multiple of 4, 12, and 16, and that this is an even-numbered year.  Yep, I'm weird.

Anyway 48.  When I was young, I thought that number was soooooo old.  Now that I am there, it is not.

My parents visited after Christmas and we had a couple of cold days with snow.  I was up early one morning after sending the girls off to seminary (6 am) and started shoveling snow by the garage while Chris began clearing the rest of the driveway with the 4-wheeler.  When I talked to my mom later she mentioned that was a lot of work for someone my age.  What?  The age factor hadn't even occurred to me.  It snowed.  I shoveled.

Here's a google map view of our driveway.  There is a lot to clear.



When I talked to my parents on my birthday, my mom gave me a great compliment.  She said that I neither look nor act my age.  I hope I never do.  48 is just a number.  I feel as though I am still in my 20s.  My parents who are in their 70s, said as much about themselves.  They don't feel old.  It is only when they look in the mirror that they get a reminder.

So here's to not acting your age!


Course it helps having a young'un for a husband.