Monday, January 11, 2016

Mom and Dad Rice

My parents flew in from Utah where they were visiting my siblings, for a few days in Colorado.  I picked them up from the airport on Thursday afternoon.  Since finishing our basement and moving beds around, they were the first guests to officially stay in our guest room.  I was hoping that the weather would be a little more cooperative, but what can you expect for January.  So with the snow, we enjoyed time by the fireplace.  My dad was happy to relax watching movies for a couple of days.

You can see that I come by my happy organization skills honestly.  My mom color-coded all of the IKEA cups as they came out of the dishwasher.


Kristen enjoyed some one on one time with Grandma working on knitting and trying to get the hang of crocheting.  I think she gave up on the crocheting after awhile though.


Kristen and my mom worked on the 100-piece puzzle that Kristen received for Christmas (it was so much easier than the 1000-piece puzzle of the Eiffel Tower that never got finished).