Chris was home for my birthday. That in and of itself was a treat. Another treat! Amy drove herself and Misha to seminary and then to school. That's a lovely treat everyday now!
I spent the morning of my birthday with Kristen at the symphony. You can read about that in another post. Chris wanted to go for lunch and I thought that maybe we could meet up with Amy somewhere since she has an "off block" (no class) before lunch every other day. Chris wasn't off a phone call until 12:30 so that wouldn't work. So we just planned a late lunch.
I came home from the symphony to find that Amy had bought balloons and then spent the rest of her lunch hour decorating the house for me.
Misha used her recently-earned cash to buy me two birthday presents-- a tricep rope that attaches to my weight equipment that I can use in my workouts, as well as a visor.
I love the thoughtfulness that is my girls. It is heart-warming as a mom to know that my girls are growing into beautiful, kind, thoughtful women. That, too, is a gift.
Chris brought me red roses.
Chris and I went for lunch at Wendys. People may say, "Wow, that's impressive Chris!" but it was my choice. I have been working really really hard on eating well and a baked potato and small chili seemed like a good option to keep within my eating plan.
Amy had a Young Women Recognition Dinner at the Stake Center in Longmont that evening. Kristen was at a friend's house and Misha stayed home. That right there is Misha in her happy place. She did, however, wrap presents while we were gone.
