Monday, January 11, 2016

She Passed!

Amy took her Driver's Permit test last year on January 9. Unfortunately, January 9 fell on a Saturday this year and Amy couldn't take her Driver's License test until January 11.  She wasn't waiting a minute longer than she had to, as she signed up for an appointment at 8:15 am.

But let's back up to Friday when Amy arrived home from school all frantic because her friends, Sarah and Lauren, had told her that she couldn't take her Driver's License test with an expired license and since she got her permit on January 9, it would be expired on Monday when she went to take her test.  So, I dropped everything and drove Amy in to the DMV to get her Driver's Permit renewed.  I don't think I have ever seen the DMV so not busy.  We took a number and were next in line.  That's when Amy looked at her Driver's Permit and noticed that it expired in 2018.  We walked out on a perfectly good number and returned home.

Chris drove Amy to the DMV on Monday morning.  I was happy to let him experience this moment with her.  She passed!



I will, however, have to have him work on his picture-taking skills.  Notice anything funny about the first picture?



Amy drove Chris back to Firestone where she dropped him off at an appointment and then took the Acura to school.  Lucky girl.  I'd have to say that my prayers have taken on a whole new dimension of earnestness now.