Ah eleven. And my baby is growing too fast. In fact, we measured her a couple of weeks ago, and she is just an inch shy of topping me. It used to be they had to stand on a stool when I did their hair, now I'll have to be the one standing on the stool if they need help!
I put streamers up in front of Kristen's door to surprise her when she woke up. She is a big fan of being celebrated. For breakfast, she picked a donut from King Soopers.
Reading a letter from her dad who was away for work.
Since I am driving carpool this week, the kids in the carpool and myself sang "Happy Birthday" to Kristen on our way to school. Misha had the morning off from school because the Sophomores and Juniors were testing. She and I made a quick trip in to town to get some more decorations and balloons at the dollar store.
After dropping Misha off at the high school at 11:40, I had a few minutes at home to exercise and then a quick stop at Subway to pick up sandwiches for lunch at school with my birthday girl. Her friends dressed up for Kristen's special day. From lunch we went back to the classroom where she got to have a birthday cookie treat, the kids sang "Happy Birthday", and her teacher, Mrs. Spong, read "On the Day You Were Born."
The boy who asked Kristen to be his Valentine and gave her chocolates on Valentine's Day also gave her a card for her birthday.
I had a few minutes before I had to take Misha to her orthodontic appointment. She is such a trooper about having a mouth in pain when her wires are changed.
There were piano lessons, much to Kristen's adamant refusal to take them. But, I told her that I would take her to a movie on Thursday evening before picking up her dad at the airport.
Amy had to leave for work, so she missed out on presents, but we did presents before dinner and before Misha went to Young Women.
The P.E. teacher at school always gives the kids a band-aid on their birthday!
Kristen and I enjoyed some frozen yogurt as a birthday treat. I called her my little snuggle monster to get this smile! She matched perfectly with the decor at TCBY in her new hoodie.

